Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bringing Others Unto Christ

I have a friend.  His name is Casey Merritt.

And he is getting baptized on Saturday.

It is so exciting and wonderful!  I have never actually had a good friend of mine become converted to the church!  Although most of the missionary work was done by other friends of ours, I feel like I have helped him just by being an example and a friend to him.  I am so thankful that he has accepted the gospel and knows that it is true!

~~~

With Casey's baptism, I'm hoping it will be an opportunity for more missionary experiences with more of our friends.  Most specifically, Michael Esparza.  He is a good friend of mine... but his other friends aren't the best.  They're in a lot of my classes, and I can hear what the talk about and even how they talk, and I know it's not the best.  But I know that Mike is different.  He talks and acts like that when he's around them, but when he's around me and our friends he acts so different!  He is respectful, and I feel like that is the real him, not the immature, perverted guy like he is with his other friends.  I hope he will realize that we are his real friends who like him for who he is!  I have been praying for him, and today I even fasted for him.  I want him to soften his heart to the gospel and hopefully become converted eventually.  I want him to be genuinely happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment